I cannot believe July has already come and gone! This summer is flying by! With the end of another month comes another monthly favorites post!
1. Poo-Pourri: Poo La La - If you are not familiar with Poo-Pourri, let me introduce you to the amazing product that will ultimately change your life forever. Poo-Pourri is the "Before-You-Go Toilet Spray." It's pretty self-explanatory, but you spray Poo-Pouri directly onto the water in the toilet before you poop. When you spray the product on the water, it creates a film layer that traps the smell of your poop in the toilet, so you never have to be ashamed of pooping in a public place ever again. This product is unbelievable. It works amazingly well. It's not like aerosol sprays that mask & blend in with the poop smell, it prevents the smell from happening all together! I know this is kind weird to talk about, but I recently traveled to Seattle where I stayed in a hostel with shared bathrooms, so I couldn't be more excited to have this product in my possession.
2. Nail Polish Combo: Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat & Butter London Nail Lacquer in "Fiver" - This nail combo has been on my nails almost the entire month of July with very little maintenance. The Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat does appear white in the bottle, but dries clear on the nail. I apply one coat to clean nails and let it dry completely, then I apply my nail polish. This base coat is amazing. I don't know what kind of sorcery it is, but somehow it keeps my nail polish on my nails without chipping for at least a week! That's pretty damn good for an at-home mani.
The nail color I'm obsessed with this month, and have been applying on top of the Revlon Base Coat is the Butter London Nail Lacquer in "Fiver." First of all, Butter London nail polishes have a reputation for being very pigmented, having a nice consistency, and being very long lasting. "Fiver" did not disappoint. I would describe the color as a pale mint green, and I love it! This color is fairly opaque, but you do need to apply a couple coats. The combination of the Revlon Colorstay Base-Coat & the Butter London "Fiver" is phenomenal. I definitely recommend checking it out.
3. Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in "Sweetheart Valentine" - It's no secret that I love Revlon Balm Stains. I included three different shades in my April Favorites post alone. I like them because they are nice and smooth and moisturizing, they add a significant amount of color, and if the product wears off, a subtle color is stained on the lip. I think these are perfect products for throwing in your purse and taking on-the-go. The color "Sweetheart Valentine" is a pretty magenta pink color. It applies very pigmented and as it wears off throughout the day, it leaves a slight pink stain on the lip. I think this is a great shade for spring and summer, and I think it is wearable during the day, as well as at night.
4. BareMinerals: Original Foundation in "Fairly Light" - Earlier in the month, I decided to experiment with some new products in order to perfect a makeup routine that takes 10 minutes or less to apply. One of the products that made it into my daily routine is an old favorite–the BareMinerals Original Foundation in the shade "Fairly Light." Years ago, I visited a BareMinerals store and was matched to this shade, and it matched my skin tone very well and I repurchased it a couple of months ago to give it another shot. I love this foundation because it's lightweight, it looks very natural on the skin, it's easy to apply, it's buildable without appearing cakey, and I like it because even if I get a little bit of a tan, it doesn't appear too light when applied. I think this foundation was the only foundation I used in the month of July, and it will most definitely be a product I will continue to use regularly.
5. Benefit: High Beam Luminescent Complexion Enhancer - The Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter made it into my last month's favorites post, and while I still really love that product, I did mention that I purchased Benefit High Beam and that I was looking forward to trying it out. I must say, this particular highlighter has also made it into my daily routine and has become my new favorite highlighter. It has a thick, liquid consistency with a brush applicator, similar to a nail polish brush. I usually apply a few dots to my cheekbones, in between my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose, in my cupids bow, and on my chin, then I dab it in with my ring finger. Typically people would apply highlighter after they apply their foundation, however, I have been applying this under my BareMinerals foundation and it gives a really nice, natural glow.
6. NYX: Retractable Eyeliners - I recently purchased a handful of NYX retractable eyeliners from ULTA, as they were BOGO 50% off. I do like these eyeliners for everyday use. I purchased both a dark & light purple color, but my favorites have been the black, white, and bronze colors, which I use on a daily basis for tightlining my eyes to add a little more definition. NYX eyeliners are notably pigmented and are glide on easily, which is great, but the best thing about them is the price (under $5 each). They claim to be water proof, and I agree, they do have a pretty strong staying power, but I wouldn't necessarily say they are water proof.
7. Kiss My Face: Liquid Rock Roll-On Deodorant - I have been searching high and low for a more natural deodorant, free of parabens and aluminum and other bad things, that still manages to work all day long. I have tried several different natural deodorants, including both the Tom's of Maine deodorant and the JASON brand deodorant, both of which were completely ineffective for me, so I decided to try the Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Roll-On deodorant. Normally, I don't buy roll-on deodorants because in my experience, they don't last as long as solid stick deodorants, but this one has been amazing! I apply it directly after I shower and it keeps me odor free all day long! I don't love or hate lavender scents, but I chose the lavender scent because my only options were that or patchouli, and I wasn't fond of the patchouli smell. The great thing about this deodorant, too, is that the smell isn't overwhelming, so even though I'm not a huge lavender fan, it doesn't overpower the other scents I'm wearing.
I should mention that although Kiss My Face claims that this deodorant is free of aluminum chlorohydrate, it still contains potassium alum sulfate, which is a natural occurring mineral that does, indeed, contain aluminum, however, potassium alum is considered to be safe. While I would still like to find a better, more natural deodorant, this one will work in the meantime.
Those are my favorites for the month of July. I hope you guys enjoyed this post. As always, feel free to leave a comment about your favorite things from the month of July! I love interacting with you guys and love hearing feedback!