I was nominated for my first Liebster Award back in January by the lovely Sabreena from the blog Norenzo. Sabreena is a twenty-something fashion & lifestyle blogger from England. I recently received my second nomination from a fellow plus-size blogger, Hayley, from the blog Curves & Curls. Hayley is a plus-size fashion blogger from London with a very colorful style. Thank you, ladies, for the kind words & nominations.
For those of you who aren't familiar with Liebster Awards, they are awards given to bloggers by fellow bloggers to help upcoming blogs get discovered, as well as connect bloggers with one another.
- Thank/Mention the blogger(s) that nominated you
- Answer the questions that the blogger(s) have asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the Liebster Award, linking them in post
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer and notify them of their nomination
Because I got two nominations, I also got two different sets of questions, so I chose a few from both bloggers to keep this post short and sweet.
1) Who/what inspired you to blog?
I don't know if there was any one specific thing that inspired me to start blogging. I have been following many fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and DIY bloggers for years, and I have always thought, "I could totally do that." I love fashion, beauty, photography, design, and writing (even though I'm not an outstanding writer), and blogging allows me to be creative and do a little bit of everything.
2) What's your idea of a perfect night in?
My idea of a perfect night in would be changing into an oversized tshirt & shorts, skyping with my best friends from back home, giving myself a mani/pedi/facial, then laying in bed, watching netflix or youtube or reading a good book.
3) Favorite holiday destination?
I'm from Alaska, so I like to vacation in warm, sunny places. I think my favorite place to vacation (so far) is Hawaii. It's such a beautiful state and there is so much to see and do. I never get tired of visiting. My favorite island in Hawaii to visit would have to be Maui.
4) Heels, flats, or trainers (sneakers)?
Of these three, definitely trainers. But my favorite type of shoes to wear are booties.
5) What one makeup item can you not live without?
I would probably have to pick my Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. I mentioned this product in a favorites post a while back. I love filling my brows in with this, but I've also used this as an emergency eyeliner and I must say, it was not too bad.
6) Top 3 places to shop?
7) What is your dream job?
Like I said, I love fashion, beauty, photography, design, and writing, so I think I'd really like to work at a magazine.
9) Have you got any advice for plus size girls wanting to start a blog of their own?
Just do it. I know that when I was starting out last year, I was embarrassed to share my blog with my friends and family because I was afraid of what they would think, but I have had nothing but positive feedback. If it's something you really want to do and you think it will make you happy, do it.
10) What is your best confidence boosting tip?
This might sound ridiculous, but using positive affirmations, reminding yourself about all the things that make you great, can really help you feel more confident. Also, smile more.
11) What is your favorite food?
I love a good cheeseburger w/ fries.
1) Who are you? Tell us about yourself!
2) What's the story behind your blog? (Why did you start? What's the significance of you blog name?)
3) What is your dream job?
4) Top three places to shop?
5) One trend you wish would come back in style?
6) What is one beauty product you can't live without?
7) Three of your current favorite songs and/or artists?
8) Three things on your bucket list?
9) What is the name of your favorite book?
10) If you could be BFFs with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
11) If you were writing a memoir, what would the first paragraph look like?